To obtain a PDF of my resume, click here.
Use my technical and writing/verbal communication skills to empower people to benefit from the use of technology in the areas of application development, data visualization, or user interface design. Use my technical abilities to conduct research to create new products and technical innovations.
- (October 2003-May 2005) Responsible for leading the user interface group for SAGE (Scalable Adaptive Graphics Environment). SAGE is a distributed computing architecture that supports scalable visualization software that produces high-definition video streams and visualizations whose output appears on high-resolution scalable tiled displays of 30-100 megapixels. Oversaw the development of a client-side window manager for SAGE written in Python / wxPython.
- (May 2003-November 2004) Enhanced ImmersaView, a collaborative model viewer written in C++, Coin3D, and OpenGL, that displays stereo images on virtual reality displays. Added a feature to allow mouse pointers of remote participants to appear in the application window. Ported application to Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. Wrote a plug-in for the Access Grid (see below) that allowed sites to collaboratively setup an ImmersaView session.
- (July 2001-December 2002) Implemented a simple system in 10000+ lines of Java code. The application was designed to help non-technical people write small assembly programs without little knowledge of computer science or assembly language. Documentation of the system included a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and text files accessible within the system. (see Master's Project)
- (May 2000-May 2003) Helped organize and operate meetings on the Access Grid, a persistent global meeting space. Lead videoconferencing operator and maintainer of software and equipment for an installation of an Access Grid node consisting of two Windows 2000 PCs and two Red Hat Linux PCs. Wrote a document for the Access Grid Documentation Project entitled "How to Configure the Gentner AP400 for an Access Grid Node".
- Chancellor Student Service Award, 2003
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Elmhurst College (Elmhurst, IL), August 1995-February 2000
- Received 1/2 tuition scholarship each year, graduated summa cum laude, enrolled in Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
- Author of article for college's student research publication, "An Open Design for Data Compression Using Random Dot Stereograms", Investigations, Fall 2000
Fenwick High School (Oak Park, IL), August 1991-May 1995
- Co-President of Technology Club (1995), enrolled in National Honors Society
- See above.
Remote Consultant, Acutherm (Hayward, CA), January 1998-January 2000
- Worked on an "as needed basis" writing C-like scripts for data acquisition, graphing of data and user interfaces to operate the scripts.
- Wrote documentation to use the scripts.
Page, North Riverside Public Library (North Riverside, IL) May 1991-July 1999
- Shelved books, assisted at circulation desk on occasion, and served as a computer technical assistant.
News Carrier, Suburban Life, Liberty Media (North Riverside, IL) October 1988-October 1992
- Delivered 2-day a week local newspaper to 65-70 subscribers
- Area co-carrier of the year, 1992; area runner-up carrier of the year, 1991
- Remote Session Presenter of "ImmersaView Launcher: A Shared AG Application", SC Global, Supercomputing 2004, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Remote Participant, SC Global, Supercomputing 2003, Phoenix, AZ: Promoted, operated, or assisted in operating the Access Grid node at EVL or attended at least one session.
- Remote Participant, iGrid 2002, Amsterdam: Assisted with technical rehearsals, operated or assisted in operating the Access Grid node at EVL.
- Student Volunteer, SC Global, Supercomputing 2001, Denver, CO: Assisted with setup and technical operations of an Access Grid node.
- Attendee, Access Grid Retreat; 2001, 2003 at Argonne National Laboratory in Argonne, IL.
- Member of Mater Christi Parish Council, August 2002-Present: Attend meetings that help with the planning and development of the church.
- Secretary, Saint Vincent DePaul Society (SVDP), Mater Christi Church, 1996-Present: Maintain conference roster and records for charitable activities of the organization. File quarterly reports from the conference with the SVDP council of the Archdiocese of Chicago.
- Traffic Director, WRSE-FM radio at Fenwick High School, February 1992-March 1995: Worked with other team managers to assist with equipment collection and distribution, and videotaped games.
- Organizer of Annual School Carnival at Mater Christi School, 1984-1996: Managed a small children's carnival that raised money for the school and another charitable organization (e.g. American Red Cross). Solicited donations from local business, help from students, and donations from members of the community.