Instructions to set-up Rasmol and VMD on Windows and Linux
1 Set the Display mode to Horizontal Span. A detailed set-up procedure
is provided here
2 Download the Rasmol 32-bit for windows.
3 Download Sample data files from Protein Data Bank.
4 Run the 32 bit exe file downloaded in step2 and open the sample file downloaded in step3. This opens up and display window and a command line window.
5 In the Interface Window, Go to Menu-Options and enable stereo. This enables side-by-side stereo. By expanding the interface window across two screens (horizontal span).
6 In the command line typing set stereo x, one can reverse the stereo by changing the sign of x and also the camera separation by varying the magnitude of 'x'.
1. Set the Display mode to Horizontal Span. A detailed set-up procedure is provided here
3.Save the tar.gz file in a different folder and extract the same by typing tar zxvf RasMol26b2.tar.gz at the command prompt.
4. Change the Makefile in the folder Rasmol2 created out of step3 to this Makefile.
5. In folder Rasmol2 openfile rasmol.c and do the following changes
a. In line 112 change static struct fd_set OrigWaitSet to static fd_set OrigWaitSet;
b. In line 113 change static struct fd_set WaitSet to static fd_set WaitSet;
6. Make the files by typing make at shell.
7. Open files by running the executable rasmol thus created.
1. Set the Display mode to Horizontal Span. A detailed set-up procedure is provided here.
2. Download vmd set-up file and install it.
3. Download Sample data files from Protein Data Bank.
4. Running vmd opens up a command line window and a display window.
2. Download vmd set-up file.
3. Run configure by typing configure LINUX OPENGL at the shell.
4. Download Sample data files from Protein Data Bank and execute vmd-linux in the LINUX folder created.