A Simultaneous 2D / 3D Autostereo Workstation (poster)
User Multitouch Interaction with Dynallax - B. McGinnis, EVL
Authors: Chau, D.
, McGinnis, B.
, Talandis, J.
, Leigh, J.
, Peterka, T.
, Knoll, A., Papka, M.
, Sumer, A., Jellinek, J.
Publication: Proceedings of SPIE 2012
, San Jose, CA
- Next generation of the Dynallax: a dynamic parallax barrier autostereoscopy system in a desktop form factor.
- It is driven by a software system called Dynamic View Client (DVC) which consist of two parts:
- DVCSdk: A server-side library that enables streaming of stereo image pairs to the client side and interacts with applications to process client input
- DVCLib: A client-side library that displays stereo images, supports interaction devices, and provides a simultaneous 2D and 3D workspace.
- Deploy a transparent virtual environment that directs the user’s focus on the science problem instead of the technology.
- Support existing workflows so that scientists need not give up tools upon which they rely to be productive.
- Design an accessible environment that is always available and requires little or no added effort on the part of users and developers.
February 28, 2012
Document: View PDF