Changes in CAVE Library Version 2.4.2
- Added new navigation functions - CAVENavTranslate(), CAVENavRot(),
& CAVENavScale(). The functions maintain a
transformation matrix in shared memory, which is loaded at the beginning of
each frame before application functions are called. Related functions are
CAVENavLoadIdentity(), and CAVENavConvertCAVEToWorld() &
CAVENavConvertWorldToCAVE() for converting positions between
- Added tracking & display support for BOOM. BOOM tracking is
selected by "TrackerType boom"; display is selected by using the
- Added updated Polhemus tracking.
- Added CAVEDisplayBarrier() function, which can be used to
synchronize all the display processes.
- Added CAVEResetTracker() function.
- Corrected stereo projection for simulator display mode. Added
SimulatorView configuration option for defining the simulator display
- "Simulator1" wall is a simulator view that is always in mode 1.
"Simulator2" wall always remains in mode 2.
- Added support for windowed Immersadesk display. Frustum will be
calculated based on position & size of window on screen (DeskCorners
should define geometry of entire screen). (IrisGL only)
- Improved parsing of pipe number in WallDisplay configuration option.
Previously, a pipe of ":1" or ":2" would not have worked correctly.
- Changed order of display loop so that the InitApplication function
is always called first in a frame, rather than after the FrameFunction.
Last modified 17 February 1995.
Dave Pape, firstname.lastname@example.org