Changes in CAVE Library Version 2.5.3 (installed 8 October 1995)
- Application distribution (for the 4 wall CAVE) can use a different
method than the library, via the AppDistribution configuration.
- CAVELOCKs will use Scramnet when the SharedMemory option is Scramnet.
- Added function CAVESetOption(opt,val). This replaces CAVEMallopt(),
and can be used for other options. Options available so far are:
CAVE_SHMEM_SIZE, CAVE_NET_UPDATELOCALDATA, CAVE_NET_BUFFERSIZE,
- CAVEUserSharedMemory() can now create an arena which is larger than
the available memory (although not larger than logical swap space).
Programs will only fail when they actually try to use more
memory than is available.
- Added CAVESENSOR(i) macro.
- Added CAVESensorTransform() function.
- Allowed for multiple wands in simulator tracking. Set using
SimulatorNumWands configuration. Wands all use the same controls -
mouse + shift/control/alt; which wand is currently being controlled
is selected using F1/F2/F3/... .
- Fixed Immersadesk (Screen7) projection data to work with 'Units'
and 'CAVEScale' configurations.
- CAVEWallTransform() works with Screen[0-7] walls (i.e. the immersadesk).
- Optimized library's display loop to eliminate the pushmatrix()/popmatrix()
around each application callback, and to not load a new projection before
calling the FrameFunction and InitApplication callbacks.
- CAVEResetTracker() now uses a SIGUSR2 signal to tell the tracking
process to reset, rather than just setting a shared memory flag.
- Added NetworkMaxUsers & NetworkCPUHog configuration options.
- Added Immersadesk outline & blackout to simulator display.
'D' key selects desk mode, 'C' key selects normal CAVE mode.
Last modified 6 October 1995.