Changes in CAVE Library Version 2.5.4 (installed 29 October 1995)
- *CAVETime is distributed.
- Added support for Ascension Spacepad tracker. Selected by
'TrackerType spacepad' configuration.
- Calibration is now supported for all tracker types rather
than just Flock-of-Birds. Calibration data must be in "raw" tracker
coordinates, rather than transformed CAVE coordinates.
- Added CAVENETSENSOR(user,sensornum) macro.
- Changed network tracking data functions (CAVENetGetPosition,
CAVENetGetOrientation, CAVENetGetVector) to return values in
tracker coordinates when not using the _NAV arguments, rather
than always returning navigated coordinates.
- Added functions CAVENavLock() & CAVENavUnlock(). These can
be used around groups of navigation updates to prevent the drawing
processes from getting a partially updated transformation. They
do not need to be called around CAVENavTransform().
- Functions which modify the navigation matrix (CAVENavTranslate,
CAVENavRot, CAVENavScale, CAVENavLoadIdentity, CAVENavLoadMatrix)
will do nothing if called by the slave node of a distributed CAVE.
This is because the matrix itself is in Scramnet memory when using
- The tracking process's PID is written to a file (CAVE_TRACKER_PID_FILE,
#defined in cave.h), so that external programs can send it a signal
(SIGUSR2) to reset.
- Added a lock to control access to the library's internal copy
of the tracking data. This will prevent getting partially updated
data in the public sensor structs.
- OpenGL library will now open a monoscopic window if a stereo visual
is requested but not available.
- Added "Boom3Config" configuration option to specify configuration
file for BOOM3 tracking to pass to libboom (replaces overloaded use
- Changed CAVEGetWindowGeometry() to accept NULL pointers.
- Corrected configuration printout of tracker rotations - units are
Last modified 28 October 1995.