Changes in CAVE Library Version 2.5.5 (installed 21 November 1995)
- Added "SharedMemory SimScram" option. This uses normal Unix shared
memory to simulate Scramnet memory for development; two separate copies
of a CAVE program (on the same machine) can connect to the shared memory
segment and use it with CAVEMalloc & CAVENewLock. Requires a value for the
- Added "DefaultTrackerPosition" and "DefaultTrackerOrientation"
configuration options. Can be used to set the head position/orientation
when tracking is disabled.
- Added "TransmitterRotationMatrix", "HeadSensorRotationMatrix", and
"WandSensorRotationMatrix" configurations, as alternatives to
- Added CAVE_DIST_NETWORKSLAVE option for CAVESetOption. Controls
whether slave node of distributed CAVE will run a network process.
- Revised distributed CAVE model to reduce communication overhead between
the two machines. Strictly an internal change, except that it should fix
some errors resulting from navigation data being stored in Scramnet.
- Created new "Performer coordinates" version of library - libcave_pf.a.
This version uses the Performer coordinate system (+Z up). Configuration
files are unchanged - they still use the standard CAVE coordinates;
values are converted to Performer coordinates internally.
- 2.5.5a (24 November 1995) - Corrected ArpaFloor masking.
- 2.5.5b (13 April 1996) - Fixed OpenGL 4 wall version so that
slave node will not try to talk to dial/button box.
- 2.5.5c (15 April 1996) - Corrected X & Z rotations in CAVENavRot() -
was rotating wrong direction.
Last modified 15 April 1996.