Moving the IDesk
- What's the deal with the IDesk3 dolly? Does the desk stay on it
all the time?
- Where does the audio rack go? While showing, and while moving.
- Where do the speakers go? For IDesk3, they could be on the desk.
- Where does the Onyx console go during the move? Balance it on the Onyx?
If we want to be bold, we could leave the monitor behind.
- IDesk2 video + stereo sync can go on a single RGBS cable, with a couplee
pigtails; or just two cables linked together
- IDesk3 video requires 5 lines - RGB + H & V Sync. Could use one
monitor cable for RGB, and an RGB cable for video syncs + stereo sync
- Hub could probably stay attached to Onyx
Shut down and pack up
- Power off IDesk & PC; unplug them
- Disconnect PC from network hub
- Disconnect Onyx video from IDesk
- Disconnect Onyx audio from audio rack
- ? Pack up audio rack ?
- Pack up IDesk
- 'chkconfig network off' and halt Onyx
- Disconnect hub from network
- Power off Onyx; unplug it
- Plug in Onyx & power up
- Unpack IDesk
- Plug in IDesk & PC; power them up
- ? Unpack audio rack ?
- Connect hub to network
- Connect Onyx video to IDesk
- Connect Onyx audio to audio rack
- Connect PC to network hub
- Turn on networking on Onyx
- Run video testpattern
- Start tracking & run cavevars
Need a set of scripts for each location. Need scripts for PC,
for Onyx starttrackd, and for starting networking.
Last modified 4 July 1998.
Dave Pape, firstname.lastname@example.org