Performer databases are stored in a scene graph - a hierarchy of
information about the virtual world.
At the bottom of the graph are rendering primitives - geometry and lights.
The internal nodes group their children in different ways:
- pfGroup - generic grouping node
- pfScene - root node of a scene graph
- pfSCS - Static Coordinate System; a transformation which
does not change
- pfDCS - Dynamic Coordinate System; a transformation which
can change during execution
- pfSwitch - selects one, none, or all of its children to be active
- pfSequence - cycles through a series of children
Table of contents
Last modified 5 February 1996.
Dave Pape, firstname.lastname@example.org