828 S. Claremont, Apt #1
Chicago IL 60612
Electronic Visualization Laboratory
University of Illinois at Chicago.
851 S. Morgan St., Room 1120 SEO
Chicago IL 60607-7053
Office: 312 996 3002
Home: 312 850 2726
To have a challenging career in graphics software development creating
3D graphics tools and technologies
- 08/96 - 07/97, Research Assistant
- Office of Supercomputing Applications, NCSA
- Designed a VRML programming library based
on the VRML 2.0 specification
and loosely coupled with IRIS Performer.
- Developing a high performance, multiprocessed VRML 2.0 browser for
use in virtual environments. The browser uses
Vrmlscript as a scripting language and uses the VRML 2.0 library mentioned
above. It supports all the commonly used VRML nodes and PROTOs. Designed
a scripting language interface to a rule based language.
- Part of a team that developed a Java based desktop interface to NICE
- 08/95 - 07/96, Research Assistant
- Electronic Visualization Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Work on virtual environments and high performance computing.
- Designed and implemented a VRML 1.0 browser for the CAVE
and the Immersadesk
using IRIS Performer. The browser
is displayed on three walls of the four wall CAVE. HTML files are shown
using a web browser displayed on the fourth wall. The browser acts as a
helper application to a web browser for displaying VRML files.
- 01/94 - 07/95, Teaching and Research Assistant
- Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Assisted in the instruction of undergraduate and graduate classes.
Graded exams and tutored the students.
- 07/93 - 12/93, Project Associate
- Indian Council for Science and Research, Indian Institute of Technology,
- Solved non-linear three dimensional conduction radiation problems using
finite element analysis. Explored 3D mesh generation using an oct-tree
M.S. in Computer Science, University of Illinois , Expected 1997, GPA:
4.0/4.0 Thesis: "Adapting the Virtual Reality Modeling Language for Use in Immersive Environments"
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois , 1996, GPA: 3.9/4.0
B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, 1993,
Proficient in object-oriented design and development using C/C++. Extensive
experience using IRIS Performer, Open Inventor and OpenGL libraries.
Friendly open attitude with a willingness to help and learn from others.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Self motivated, strong team player with interests in exploring new technologies.
TOOLS / SYSTEM EXPERTISE:
Operating Systems: UNIX (SunOS, Solaris, Linux, IRIX), X11,
Languages: C++, C, Java, Perl, HTML and CGI programming,
Class Libraries / APIs: IRIS Performer, Open Inventor, ANSI/ISO
C++ Standard Template Library (STL), CAVE programming library.
COURSEWORK & PROJECTS:
Expert Systems: Integrated a rule-based scripting language (CLIPS) as
a scripting language for VRML 2.0.
Virtual Reality: Developed a
VRML1.0 browser using IRIS Performer.
Advanced Computer Graphics: Implemented a parallel algorithm for
real-time interactive cloth animation.
Advanced Software Engineering: Designed a Hybrid Object Oriented
Collaborative System (HOOCS). Went through the various stages of the software
life cycle as Product Definition, Process Definition, Software Architecture
and Software Design.
Object Oriented Programming Languages: Implemented a menu sytem
in VisualWorks Smalltalk and C++/Motif.
Computational Complexity, Computer Graphics, Database Systems, Computer
AWARDS & HONORS:
Awarded the Dean's fellowship at the University of Illinois.
Awarded the NTSE (National Talent Search Exam) award given to about 200
students each year all over India in various engineering and medical disciplines.
Member of ACM, SIGGRAPH, USENIX.
Demonstrated the VRML1.0 browser at the Symposium on Virtual Reality in
Manufacturing and Education.
Submitted a video "Bringing VR to VRML" for the video proceedings