The main graphical elements in the piece were a series of hand drawings
digitized using a flatbed scanner attached to a Macintosh computer.
Thie following text file I used as a guide for converting hand drawn line
art into texture maps. I needed the file because I was sleep-deprived and
couldn't remember the steps on my own.
1. scan the image in on the mac, 72
These are the completed textures used in the CAVE and I-Desk programs.
2. fetch it / get it here
3. convert to rgb format using xv
4. imgexp file.rgb darkfile.rgb 20
5. imp darkfile.rgb, invert it, paint
out blemishes, save it out
6. ipaste -n out.rgb, snapshot it
off black screen at 128/256/512 x by y size
7. tobw snap.rgb file.bw
8. cglue file.bw file.bw file.bw [file.bw
for transparency] file.rgb
statement | Preplanning | Postcard
| Show Opening | Documentation
Photos | Refrigerator